Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's all about the money.

Duane and I have started having the kids earn a small allowance. They each have their own chore lists, each chore is worth a nickel. If Nathan does all the chores on his list, he can earn around $2 a week, $1.50 for Lily and Ryan. It really has had some positive effects on their "enthusiasm" for chores.

I have to admit I stole the idea from a friend. I have the decorated jars and chore lists displayed in the kitchen. When the kids reach 20 nickels (which they have to count out themselves), I exchange the nickels for a dollar bill. That way I'm never out of nickels.

Examples of chores are: Get dressed, brush teeth and hair, make bed, set/clear table, sort laundry, take trash out, feed and water the animals, and my favorite...Get to bed on time!

No comments: